back to square one

Made a stupid mistake last night and deleted the directory that contains my Eldapo site. This was bad because I had just spend around 10 hours or so re-editing and re-linking most of the content that had come over from Blogger so it looked halfway decent. One “rm -Rf” and I was back to square one.

Initially I tried to recover by simply putting up another copy of WordPress and linking it to the original database, which had been unaffected by the file deletion. Problem there was that it couldn’t find any of my archives. So I just went back into WordPress and re-imported the content that was still on Blogger.

I’m going to need to spend some more time learning WordPress to see what I might have done wrong. It could be that I might need to rebuild the original db. Anyway, it looks like I’m going to have lots of fun learning more about the app.